Nick was growing well. Every time I went to the health center she said he was growing really well. I think he is going to be a big boy. As far as I knew he was developing ok, at this time I was getting terrible pain in my stomach and one night thought I was going to have a heart attack. I took my self down to the hospital. I had an ultrasound and showed I had Gallstone's oh NO. I went to see my Doctor and she sent me off to see a surgeon, who said you need to have your gallbladder removed. I thought ok I had never had an operation before and thought it's got to be better than having this pain it was SO painful. He put me on the waiting list and within 2 weeks I was in having it out. I was out of it the next day, but recovered quite well. I had been home for the weekend. I woke up the next morning with a very sore stomach were one of the incisions was and some ooze coming out and my husband said oh you stink. I took my self back down to the hospital to find I had an infection so they put me straight onto antibiotics.
I was unable to lift anything heavy and had to stay with Mum and Dad cause I wasn't able to lift Nick. Nick did not want to sleep while we were there but did eventually. My husband was doing shift work at this time so we thought it would be easier for me to stay there during the week. It was good, but living with Mum and Dad again after being in my own home. I don't think I will be running back to live with them. I love my parent's but love my freedom more. Mum got up to Nick, she was great. She wondered if there was any thing wrong with his hearing. She thought he couldn't hear her when she was talking. Maybe you should get him checked out. So I did. His hearing was fine, she kept on at me I think she thought he wasn't developing as he should be, and I would get quite defensive at times saying there is nothing wrong. I had already gone back to work at this stage. Mum was looking after him one day a week and I worked on the weekends as well. She kept saying maybe you should get him checked out he should be doing more, he takes no notice of what your saying or he's just not interested he just ignores you. As he was my first, I didn't really know what was the norm. He was about 16 months when I found out I was pregnant with my second baby. Mum kept on about his development and I dug my heels in NO he's ok. Once he got to about 2 I decided maybe she was right and had him assessed. I took my concerns to the health center sister and she referred us to another person. They said yes he has a developmental delay. I was like how do you know at two. He was not speaking as yet and that was the sign for me. I think he should be at least saying something. So we got him in to an early intervention program. Which would start the next year. I was having a good pregnancy with the second baby no problems at all considering Nick's was not a good one towards the end. And here comes baby No: 2 stick around for this one..........
No comments:
Post a Comment