Finally we got home. I was so happy to be in my own home. A little unsure with a new baby, and the situation of the shunt. My beautiful dog Rusty was at the gate wagging his tail, we hadn't seen him for a week. He was like our baby, but he was outed a little now poor bugger. Nick had come along really well. Was time to go back to the health center for weighing and measuring again. The health center sister was so happy to see us and I was too. I thanked and thanked her and she said I am just so glad he is ok. Yes he's doing well he has put on lots of weight and grown his head was same as before and she wanted to see us on a weekly basis for a while. That was fine with me we came to know each other quite well. Life went on as normal but a new little person had been thrown into the mix. Not long after we were home he started to cry a lot more and at times I could not settle him. One night he just decided to cry and cry it was in the middle of the night and I being a first time Mum and with the thought's in my mind is it the shunt decided to drive down to My Mum's at 3 in the morning. She says to this day, she thought it was a helicopter in the front yard. I had drove up her drive way and parked right outside their bedroom window with my lights in their window. She had come stumbling out saying what is wrong, he won't stop crying I don't know what is wrong with him. She took him settled him and said to me it's ok I think it's just wind, but I can't stop thinking is it the shunt. She said, has he had any of the symptoms that they told you he may get, I said no. Don't assume it is the shunt he's a baby and baby's cry quite a lot at this age. Ok I said. I did do this on a couple of occasions drop in on Mum and Dad, but they didn't care they knew what was going on in my head. This is when parents come in handy they just love you no matter how much you over react.
I have 3 Son's 12, 9,3 My eldest son is a challenge. I love him unconditionally.
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Home at last
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment