Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Christmas Continues on anyway..

I had just been told my beautiful little boy had to have surgery. I was in a state of disbelief at this time. They had him up in the Nursery in a humidy crib. He had been crying, but because he was about to have the surgery I couldn't feed him they had given him this big Blue dummy which he sucked away on. They told me the operation usually takes about an hour. We went with him down to the room were they go before surgery to put drip and stuff in poor little man, I went in with him while they put him to sleep, oh tears just streaming down my face my poor little baby. We were then directed to the waiting room, they said go have a coffee and something to eat, I went down but couldn't sit, I wanted to go straight back and wait. Well this was the longest wait of my life it seemed like hours. I was also breast feeding at the time and they suggested that I go and use the breast pump first experience with this too ouch, but was better than my boobs exploding. I think by the time the called us it was about 2 hours. Finally he was out and we were in the recovery room with him he was really good but ready for a feed. He had a bandage on the back of his head other wise you wouldn't know. We went back up to the nursery, they had organized a room for us to stay in was nice two bed's and bathroom. They would just call me when I needed to come and feed him but I spent most of the time with him anyway. They told me to go and get some sleep and they fed him with expressed milk, I wasn't happy I wanted to be there, little did I know I would be sleep deprived for a while and would really have been thankful for that.

It was christmas day we were still in hospital Mum Dad my brother and his wife brought the turkey and rolls, and we made our own christmas it was really good. Nick continued to get through the surgery well and was doing good we came home New Years Eve. They told us we had to come back in 3 weeks for check up also told us what can happen with the shunt. The shunt can block which means the fluid will build up again and they will have to put another one in or it can get infection all the same sort of symptoms, headaches, he could be very sleepy he could also vomit. So with all those things on my mind we came home. Life continues with a few up's and downs but I will explain at another time

No comments:

Post a Comment