I have 3 Son's 12, 9,3 My eldest son is a challenge. I love him unconditionally.
Sunday, April 3, 2011
We try for a holiday....
Since we had Nick we had not been for a holiday, so we thought we would try and go for a long weekend up to Albury. No 2 son was just over one and Nick 3. We collected him from the early intervention and off we went. Nick was not good at sleeping in different places other than his bed, so I thought I would have to give it a go and try not to live in the same box every day. So off we went, long drive ahead of us. It was great to get away it had been three years since we had even ventured away from our own home. We finally got to our destination it was really nice place. We thought we would go and get some tea, fish and chips was the go. We found a place to eat and the next thing we knew. Nick had been sick all over the footpath oh shit... Because he had been at the early intervention and Nick love's sensory things his hands must have been in the rice which was uncooked rice and that is what was coming out ohhh Yucky. I thought of well, it may be just a one off thing but no it was not. Vomiting all night long, we decided to go home the next morning it was just all a little too much. He was really quite unwell, gastro bad. The next day No.2 son had got it and the poor little man was so sick. Luckily we didn't get it. I think it was a week later and Nick was unwell again. My instinct's tell me not gastro. I think the shunt is blocked again so back to the hospital and with the other little man to contend with as well. My parents and parents in law step in to look after No. 2. We both stayed until the surgery is done and make sure every thing is ok. I stay in the hospital with Nick and my husband goes home. Nick was really good, I thought cause he was a little older he may not be as compliant as he was when he was a baby, but no he was a good fella having antibiotics injected and test's done. He was my brave little man. He also slept well considering how busy and loud hospital's are. I know I never sleep well because when he's a patient I am in a way too. It had been three years since the shunt had blocked but I am glad I got him to the hospital before those blinding headaches happen. So far so good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment