Well back to the Norm again. Home and back to the little fellow and taking Nick to early intervention. He was in his second year. All I can say is this place was great, they gave me a little more insight and different ways to communicate, but Nick did well at getting his message across to us and he found his own ways of getting what he wanted a chair would come in handy, if he wanted something he couldn't reach. So we had to get pantry locks and fridge locks, but he always managed to get the fridge open even if I couldn't the locks worked better on me I think. Nick had a lot of test done at this time, by Doctors watching him all just to tell me he has developmental delay, what does that frickin mean I already know he is delayed. One doctor had told me as he get's older it may become more apparent which really make's more sense to me now. I dreaded going to the childrens Hospital or to any appointment's because Nick just never wanted to wait for anything. Waiting to see doctors is a long process. Nick would just start screaming or running around with me after him. I could never sit and read a book to him his attention was zero and because he could never focus on one thing for a second my mind would just spin. When he started screaming and carrying on mainly because I didn't want to miss the doctor calling us. I would be trying to get him to sit with me oh NO didn't work off he would go. I hated the attention of people looking at me, with those looks on their faces. I was sure in my own mind they were thinking oh shut the kid up. As time went on I really didn't care how much he cried and screamed, the more he screamed and carried on the quicker they seemed to get us in for our appointment and out. Which worked out better as I didn't have to wait so long.
It was around this time, when our family got the terrible news that my husband's Father had a massive heart attack and had passed away. He loved his grandchildren unconditionaly and always had time for both of them. He is so missed by all of us. I only wish he had of been around to see them grow up but I am sure he is looking down on them. I know he would be very proud of his son as I certainly am.
No comments:
Post a Comment