Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Early Intervention Program Start's

Nick was only two when he started at the early intervention. It was just like kinder, I guess this was all new to me as I had never been in this position. I had to stay with him while he was here because of his age I guess. With a new baby as well. I was still feeding No 2 bub so my Mum came with me to give a hand if need be and as I never liked to pop my boobs out for everyone to see. I would go into a private room to feed him. It was all routine they would play outside for a while and have circle and then do some activities. Which Nick did not want to participate in, he always wanted to be outside, and when they wanted him to sit to an activity or do circle time then would come the tantrum's. I can't remember how many time's I tried to get that little bugger to come in. I would just pick him up pop him over my shoulder and off we would go. This is when I started to notice, he was quite delayed as the kids there varied in degree's to very mild to needing a lot of help. I had no other kids in my life to compare. Also the older No. 2 got and he was developing well and chattering the more apparent it was becoming. Toilet training was not happening and still no talking just a hell of a lot of babble. When he was at the early intervention he was never interested in what any one else was doing never wanted to sit and try any activities no matter how hard you tried. Most of the other children were at least a little interested. It was really hard to come to term's with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment